Sunday 8 July 2012

Reason #10 - India Gate


Of all the places we eat in Benidorm this may be my favourite. Located in the old town area (Calle Girona) this is an Indian (you probably guessed by the Name) restaurant.



It's quite small on the inside and due to a lack of air conditioning is can get very hot. It's well worth putting up with this though.

They make some of the best Indian food I have tested anywhere. In the world. Ever. I have never had a bad meal there and we have made maybe 7-8 visits in total. It's all well cooked, well flavoured and cooked to perfection.

I will highly recommend the Tandoori mixed grill. It's a mountain of Lamb, Chicken, Shami Kebabs and fish served with a choice of sauce.  It’s lovely, Words cannot describe how good this is.  If I was to be executed tomorrow this would be my last meal. It's around 12 Euros and you get far more than any human can eat. To be fair though I always have rice and starters (The Onion Bhaji's also come recommended) along with a bottle or 2 of wine.

The staff are also brilliant and very welcoming too. I would recommend going here at least once even if you don't like curry!

1 comment:

  1. Agreed, India Gate is probably one of the best indian restaurants in Benidorm. Its nice sitting outside the place in the middle of the street having some good food whilst watching the world walk by.

    ReplyDelete