Wednesday 8 August 2012

Reason #19 Peacock Island Cafe



I have talked about the island previously but mentioned there was a restaurant on there which will be talked about at a later date. Well here it Is!

The restaurant is small and very basic, white plastic tables and chairs fill the area and you only get a table cloth if you order food. The selection of food is far from extensive and seafood is understandably the main feature. It's all very fresh and I can imagine most was caught on the day.



The Paella is something special. It's not cheap, 12 Euros each and it's not quick - You will be waiting at least 30 mins but it's certainly worth it. it's pretty huge with a large selection of meats and seafood in it with a large fech langoustine in the middle., it’s cooked wonderfully and tastes immense. It's possibly the best Paella I have tasted and Would happily have this every day if I could.

They also do sangria which my wife loves and could easily get though several jugs on her own if given half a chance. I'm no sangria fan but I have to agree it is very nice and very refreshing and the perfect reward after a climb to the top of the peak of the island. It's the only place on the island you can stop but it's well worth stopping a bit longer and sampling the food

No comments:

Post a Comment