Monday 18 June 2012

Welcome!

Hello!

I'm going to use this blog to run down 365 reasons why I believe Benidorm is the greatest holiday resort.

You may be wondering why 365? Well for the numerically gifted amongst you, you have already probably worked out there are 365 days in one earth year (this is true, check if you want, I'll wait....). In one year, give or take a few days, I will be going back to Benidorm for a further 2 weeks.

We try to go once a year but due to financial restraints the addition of further children to our clan we are missing this year and focusing on next.

My Name is Garry (Hi) and for ease of naming I'll be referring to my wife as Mrs Gumble (Thats my nickname), My elder son, 4 1/2  years old as Gumble Junior and my baby son (5 months) as Baby Gumble. We go on our holiday with Wife's Mother and Father - now known as MIL and FIL and her brother, BIL.

My wife's family have been going to Benidorm for around 12 years and when I was first invited back in 2006 I was not overly keen as my pre-conceived notion of Benidorm was Blackpool in the Sun.

I was wrong.

Please join my countdown with the best bits of Benidorm. I will try to update this daily but Probably wont remember so expect double entries some days and none for a few.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with this Garry. Benidorm feels like my second home although it's been 8 months since we last visited. We normally visit every 6 weeks for a long weekend but don't plan on going back til the Festival in November (I'm sure you'll cover the festivals as one of your 365, lol).

    As you say, Benidorm always seems to get a poor reaction from people. I don't mind it so much when it comes from people who have been and found it wasn't their cup of tea (although I think they probably just stayed in the wrong area (ie, right in the centre if they wanted a quiet holiday or way outwith the centre when looking for a more active holiday)). What does bug me is when people who have never been just don't like it.

    For me, Benidorm can be your best holiday ever or your worst holiday ever. It's just so big that if you choose the wrong place (location) to stay, it can put a dampener on the start of the holiday that's hard to shake off. It has beautiful areas (The beaches, The park, parts of the Old Town, etc) and a few areas that are in desperate need of refurbishment/regeneration (the old hotel/flats located almost halfway along Levante beachfront (that were in the process of being demolished last time we were there) for example).

    All in all though, it's somewhere I hope I always want to go back to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Steve, thanks for reading and replying! I really expected to hate Benidorm and was not looking forward all that much to my first vist but I couldnt have been more wrong. As you say it's does depend what you want and where you go but I have not had a bad holiday yet!

    ReplyDelete